Site statistics with awstats

OK, I decided to install awstats on my server. There’s a nice website called pizzabytheslice which has an excellent guide written for awstats, unfortunately I couldn’t get the site statistics with awstats to work for my website.

I also want to increase my knowledge with the programs rather than have something do it for me so I could understand it better.

I’m also creating this blog post for future reference should I ever need it.

One of the problems I encountered was when compiling the HTML static links output it would not generate the graphs and the page width went all to shot (example below).


For some reason it’s not an add-on issue with firefox, haven’t figured this out yet but it displays perfectly fine when using Chrome. (see below)


Where all the words are there should be graphs. I’ll update these posts as I go to continue the progress and development


It’s time to go mobile

Lately with the amount of users deciding to browse websites with their smartphones, and generally making the browsing more pleasing for my website, I’ve decided it’s time to go mobile

That means I have to design a mobile version of the website and all the applicable CSS with it. Hell, it’s a challenge, but I’ll undertake. I’ll probably cheat somewhere along the line and use a program dedicated to speeding up the site creation for mobile, but as long as it works I’m not complaining.

My only job is to write the content for the website :=) and keep the development underway

Improving Apache performance

I’m currently looking at improving apache performance of my webserver. One of the things I’m doing is trimming down the code. This serves two purposes

First it’s more aesthetically pleasing for me to look at and less rubbish to sift through when troubleshooting

Secondly, there’s less code for apache to sift through. I could just comment all the lines but it would be a bit messy so I’m working on developing a shortened apache document that’s easier to read and understand for me