Cannot start session without errors in phpMyAdmin

A quick one, I recently received the message Cannot start session without errors in phpMyAdmin when trying to logon


Usually when you get this message it’s normally because of your browse cache, or an issue with the session.save_path variable in the PHP.ini configuration file


I decided to check the session save path first and it turned out after I had a problem with my PHP configuration. I updated PHP but forgot to copy over the directories


My PHP was pointing to a /tmp folder. Once I created this, jobs a good un. Remember this in next time

Added another computer for the clustered web hosting mix

Recently decided to upgrade the computers because I’m working on a Windows based clustered web hosting solution. I want to speed up the response times of my website, whilst also at the same time developing knowledge on virtual machines, clustered hosting and high availability environments that features SANS and load balancing


I purchased an old AM3+ motherboard from eBay a while back to replace my failed burnt out motherboard (AM2 based, my fault guvnor, oc’d it and fried). Anyway, as the new motherboard using a different CPU socket I had to purchase a new CPU and RAM.


Long story short, I was paid from Google for my youtube videos and had a small amount of money spare, so thought why not.



Specs – 2GB of DDR3, Dual Core Athlon CPU @ 2.8GHz

It’s not major, but perfectly suitable for clustered web hosting because it’s mainly for the features. I’ll maybe add in a secondary network card so I can look into load balancingPC-Dimples

Improving web server performance

One thing which has griped me about my website, even though I use Apache and Microsoft Windows as my servers is that I’ve always wanted to look into Improving web server performance.

Currently my page load times are around 2 – 3 seconds when tested around the world but I’m always up for making it that little bit faster.

Currently I’m looking at multiple methodologies
– Upgrading the HDD to SSD at a later date
– Implementing RAMDisk Caching for the Website
– Pruning the httpd.conf file so theres less crap in it (mainly for me)
– Implementing zip compression of pages
– Implementing disk caching of statically served files
– Optimise the CSS code and layout of the website for mobile browsers and tablets

This should all help speed up the site and make it more optimised for multiple web formats.
Currently this is ongoing and I’m monitoring the sites and errors to find out if there’s any problems

Currently my site gets a speed of 87/100 on google developer pagespeed and 57/100 on pingdomtools.

I’ve also tested my website for further development on and it gets a score of around 57.

I’m aiming to get these close to 100 as possible for maximum performance